The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Regardless of being so close to Kathmandu which remains relatively un-spoilt. Helambu trek is one of the beautiful short treks in Nepal, although it’s not as well known and popular as some other treks. This trek goes into the Helambu region overlooking the mountain peaks in the Langtang range, other peaks, Sherpa culture and outstanding natural beauty.
The Sherpa Helambu region is around 72 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu. A roundabout circuit is used, most often starting at Sundarijal than end up Melamchi. The normal trail heads start off at Sundarijal and goes past Chisopani, Hyolmo, Kutumsang, Magin Goth, Tharepati, Malemchigaun and Hyolmo, Tarke Gyang. After which you have the option of two roads, one is the footpath via Shermathang or the bus route via Kiule Takpa Kharka. Both the ways, ultimately meet at Melamchi where you can take a bus back to Kathmandu.
We are here for
- helambu trek map
- helambu trek itinerary
- helambu trek 5 days
- langtang gosainkunda helambu trek
- helambu map
- langtang helambu trek
- helambu trek review
- helambu trek 3 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: EASY
- Activities: TREKKING
- Altitude: 3660 m
- Best season: March to November
- Transportation: By Car, hiking and Bus
- Accomodation: Guest house
- Min Pack: 2
- Transportation for TIA –Hotel –TIA,
- Three nights stay at the hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast with twine sharing Basic,
- 8 day food (3 times a day) in trekking area.
- All government taxes, National Park entry fees TIMS (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Experience English speaking guide and support staff to carry your luggage (two guest = one porter (including their daily wages, life insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- Private car to sundarijal, Bus from Melemche to Kathmandu.
- Medical support: emergency first aid kit carried.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Any other kind of Drinks and Tips for guide/porters
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies),
- Personal expenses and Personal trekking equipment.
Services not mentioned herein
This is an open joining program, anyone from the world can meet new friend from this trekking. If someone wants to solo trip also possible.